Philanthropy comes from the heart, but wise donors can use simple strategies to reduce taxes, maximize the impact of their gift, and even create benefits for themselves and their families. Discover how these planning ideas could be right for you.
Make a Current Gift
- Securities. Make an impactful gift and enjoy double tax benefits with a transfer of appreciated stock. You’ll eliminate all capital gains tax and enjoy a charitable deduction for the current market value of the shares. Electronic transfers are quick and easy. Call 215-914-4018 for our transfer information.
- IRA distribution. If you are 70-1/2 or older, don’t overlook the option to make a charitable distribution from your Individual Retirement Account. Amounts transferred to Redeemer Health apply to your annual required distribution and are excluded from your taxable income. The tax benefits are available even if you take the standard deduction.
- Donor Advised Fund distribution. As a 501(c)3 charitable organization, Redeemer Health is qualified to receive distributions through your Donor Advised Fund. Recommend a one-time gift or a recurring contribution.
Receive Income from Your Gift
- Charitable Gift Annuity. Receive fixed lifetime annuity payments directly from Redeemer Health in exchange for your gift of $10,000 or more. Redeemer Health Charitable Annuities are available to Pennsylvania residents aged 70 and above. Curious? Call us for a no-obligation quote before renewing a certificate of deposit.
- Charitable Remainder Trust. Choose to increase your retirement income, help with a grandchild’s education, or just eliminate the ownership burdens of a property you no longer need. You can make a tax-free conversion of securities or real estate to a trust that creates lifetime income and fulfills your greatest philanthropic goals.
Create a Future Gift
Making a gift to Redeemer Health's future has never been easier. By including a gift in your legacy planning, you share a commitment with those who have cared for Redeemer Health's mission throughout our nearly century-long story.
- Will or Codicil. More than a legal necessity, your Will is a powerful narrative of what matters most to you. Whether you give a specific bequest or a percentage of your estate value, your gift will continue to transform lives through our mission to Care, Comfort, and Heal.
- Life Insurance beneficiary. Name Redeemer Health as the primary or partial beneficiary of your life insurance policy. Simply complete an updated beneficiary form for your policy.
- Retirement account beneficiary. Tax-deferred retirement plans are wonderful for maintaining financial security in our own retirement years but may be reduced by heavy taxes when inherited by loved ones. A better option may be to designate Redeemer Health and other charitable interests to benefit from all or a portion of the assets remaining in your retirement account and provide for family through your will.
- Donor Advised Fund beneficiary. Ensure that your Donor Advised Fund will be distributed in accordance with your wishes. Designate funds remaining after your death to Redeemer Health and other charities you choose.
Legal Information and Contacts
Legal Name: Redeemer Health*
Federal Identification: No. 23-1534300
Corporate Offices: Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Office of Philanthropy
521 Moredon Road
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
*Through Redeemer Health, gifts may be designated to support any of our Health Care, Life Care, or Home Care services and community ministries throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey.