- Find a Provider
Redeemer Health provides compassionate care across every stage of life.
- View all Services
- Health Care
- Cancer Care
- Heart Care
- Hospital at Home
- Maternity Care
- Pediatric Urgent Care
- More Health Care Services
- Home Care
- Support at Home
- Special Recovery at Home
- Chronic & Complex Conditions
- Advanced Care at Home
- Hospice Care
- More Home Care Services
- Patients & Visitors
Redeemer Health Joins Alliance to Preserve Chestnut Hill Hospital
An alliance formed by Redeemer Health, Temple Health, and Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) acquired Chestnut Hill Hospital on January 1, 2023. The hospital, now known as Temple Health – Chestnut Hill Hospital (TH-CHH), remains a freestanding, licensed acute care hospital under a not-for-profit company owned and controlled by the alliance. Temple Health is the majority equity-holder and manages the 148-bed hospital with Temple University Hospital (TUH) as the managing partner.
Recognizing that they are better together in this opportunity, the alliance members bring combined expertise, resources, operational excellence, and skilled clinical care to ensure that Chestnut Hill Hospital remains a durable and sustainable resource for the northwest Philadelphia community. The cooperative relationship is a novel solution for preserving an important hospital that has been serving its community for more than 100 years. Each member of the alliance, espousing the slogan "Better Together," has deep roots in the northwest Philadelphia and eastern Montgomery County communities served by Chestnut Hill Hospital.
- Redeemer Health’s referral networks are valuable to the alliance, as well as expertise in women's care, short-stay skilled care and transitional care, and home care and hospice. Redeemer Health also provides greater access to specialty care and other highly needed services in the community.
- PCOM has a strong primary care network and contributes to the experiential learning environment, including established residency programs in internal medicine, surgery and the transitional year at Temple Health-Chestnut Hill Hospital.
- Temple Health brings clinical expertise in dozens of high-acuity services and experience in clinical integration and operational efficiencies across campuses, and delivers high-quality care with exceptional outcomes.
With more than 300 board-certified physicians, TH-CHH’s specialties include:
- minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery
- family practice
- internal medicine
- emergency care
For further information, click here to visit TH-CHH's website. TH-CHH is located at 8825 Germantown Ave., Philadelphia.